It can be really difficult to determine the Bluetooth speakers that best suits your purpose, especially with the variety of speakers on offer right now. Below are some tips to help you make up your mind and select the best possible speakers to suit your purpose.
1. The purpose you want the speaker to serve matters. Are you buying it because you want to take it along when going for a picnic or for camping? Are you getting the speaker because you want to use them with electronic gadgets like laptops, tablets, iPod, phones etc. there are lots of variations when it comes to Bluetooth speakers size and as such, you must consider the purpose for the speaker.
2. Your intentions for the speaker will determine how loud you will need the speaker to be. Do you want to use it as low background music during study session? or do you want to use them for parties? Either way you have to check out the power of the speaker and know if it will serve your purpose.
3. When it comes to audio quality, an audiophile needs no advice because they place higher importance on convenience over quality of audio output. However, for the non-audiophiles that would want to get the best quality audio output from a particular speaker size should consider checking out the frequency response. The sound production of a speaker depends a great deal on the frequency response. The range of this frequency response determines the range of sound produced by the speaker. Except you are okay with poor sound production, you should cautiously inspect the speaker before buying it.
4. The Bluetooth feature is the standout feature in a Bluetooth speaker and is probably the reason you are going for it. However, it would be better if the speaker also gives you an option to play sound from a non-Bluetooth device. So many speakers support this and that’s why they provide ports for several other devices like CD players, iPods, PCs etc. they should be able to play files from micro SD cards and flash drives. More recent speakers may possess the NFC tag which can be used to connect the speaker to any device easily and fast too.
5. Production of sound is the primary function of a speaker however; some peripheral attributes like FM radio or alarm should be taken into consideration, especially if the speaker is to be used in the home. Speakers with extra functions do not depict superiority however, once a speaker suits the primary function you need it for, it wouldn’t hurt to have extra benefits from it.